You’ve probably heard the phrase, “If it ain’t bleach, it ain’t clean!” While bleach is a go-to cleaner in bathrooms nearly everywhere, it’s a lot more controversial in the kitchen, because there are big pros (majorly antibacterial!) and cons (contact with bleach can be harmful to your eyes, skin, and more, and if a kid or pet ingests it, they can become very, very ill).
Before you think about using — or banning! — bleach in the kitchen, it’s worth understanding exactly what it is, and why it’s such a good cleaner.
from Kitchn | Inspiring cooks, nourishing homes https://ift.tt/2M3avyR