Paneer ghee roast is a simple paneer starter prepared within minutes using simple flavourful spice ingredients available in your pantry.
I came to know that paneer ghee roast exists only in recent time. I saw this in Divya’s Instagram and loved the name. I wanted to try this out for long time, adapted the recipe and made it using their fresh paneer for the recent Suvai foods live demo at Singapore expo. Turns out delicious every single time. You can prepare this as quick fix for your hunger pangs or as starter of your meal too.
There are many variations in the recipe, but I adapted this one as it was very simple. Just made a few changes in preparation according to the convenience and the fresh paneer.
Since paneer is the main ingredient in this paneer ghee roast recipe, the paneer quality is really important. Suvai paneer blended well with the ingredients .
- Add a tsp of ghee, roast the ingredients under ‘Masala’ except tamarind. Once the spices are golden, add tamarind, give it a stir.
- Remove in a plate for cooling down, grind it with curd to a paste.
- Add turmeric, salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add paneer kept immersed in hot water to the prepared masala paste. Mix carefully without breaking paneer.
- Heat a kadai, add ghee followed by crushed garlic. Add the marinated paneer cubes.
- Cook until masala coats the paneer and ghee oozes. Garnish with coriander or curry leaves.
Garnish with coriander leaves to serve.
from Rak’s Kitchen https://ift.tt/2LmhGSo