Garlic Butter Asparagus with Crispy Parmesan has so much flavour! The perfect crispy and crunchy side dish OR snack!
Asparagus spears topped with a buttery Panko crumb mixture with parmesan cheese and garlic, then roasted and broiled (or grilled) until deliciously crispy with SO MUCH FLAVOUR. Even the pickiest of eaters will LOVE this Asparagus recipe! So simple and only takes minutes to make. Adapted from this Crispy Parmesan Crusted Zucchini, you will LOVE this!
Constantly looking for new ways to enjoy this vegetable, this recipe right here takes the cake! With this Crispy Garlic Parmesan Salmon and Crispy Baked Shrimp Scampi still going crazy on Facebook, I thought what would happen if I merged THAT topping with THIS asparagus. Well holy greens, it came out better than expected. So extremely addictive, It’s hard to stop at one!
How To Make Crispy Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
There’s no need for any frying to get these crispy results! All you need is an oven and a baking sheet.
Dump all ingredients into a big bowl and massage each spear with the crumb topping to evenly coat them. Don’t worry if it doesn’t ‘stick’ to the spears… you want a loose topping over them. What you DO want is all of those garlicky flavours coating each one! Bake in the oven until the crust is a beautiful and perfect golden brown colour and ENJOY!
- Works well with both fat and thick spears or thin spears.
- Use Panko for a crispy, crunchy topping and added texture, rather than plain breadcrumbs.
- Fresh grated Parmesan tastes better in this recipe.
- Unsalted butter is used to allow you to adjust the amount of salt. In this recipe we used 1/2-3/4 teaspoon.
Love Asparagus? Try these recipes!
Crispy Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
Garlic Butter Asparagus with Crispy Parmesan has so much flavour! The perfect crispy and crunchy side dish OR snack! Topped with a buttery Panko crumb mixture with parmesan cheese and garlic, then roasted and broiled (or grilled) until deliciously crispy with SO MUCH FLAVOUR. Even the pickiest of eaters will LOVE this recipe!
- 2 pounds (1 kg) asparagus (washed, dried and wood ends removed)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, (melted)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese ((or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese))
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons parsley, (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper, (to taste (about 1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper))
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C). Lightly grease a baking tray or sheet with non stick cooking oil spray.
Place the trimmed asparagus in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and use your hands to evenly coat onto the asparagus.
Transfer the asparagus and breadcrumb mixture onto prepared baking sheet and arrange into one even layer. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the asparagus are just tender.
- Broil/grill for 2-3 minutes until breadcrumbs are golden browned and asparagus has reached desired doneness.
- Serve warm.
from Cafe Delites https://ift.tt/2sH2lUP