Brownie is generally made in chocolate. A chocolate brownie is a square or rectangular shaped, chocolate baked treat. You can see two variants of these brownies. Fudgy and Cakey, actually it depends on their density. This American cuisine dessert is popular in all over the world. Today I focused on the Cakey style.
Brown Sugar vs White Sugar Brownies
Brownie is a dessert, and the dessert will be sweet. So the sugar is mixed to enhance the sweetness in the brownie. In the case of this sugar, I always say to use brown sugar because it is good for our health. However, many people also use white sugar.
In this recipe I made this with Brown Sugar because first of all, it is healthy and secondly its color, it brings a nice texture to this.
This recipe made with brown sugar is soft, moist and rich in flavor. Brownies made with relatively white sugar are less dense.
One Egg Brownie
An important ingredient in making brownie is eggs. Almost all brown recipes use at least two eggs. In fact, the main reason for using eggs in any recipe is that it helps to bind the food and keeps it soft. But I used an egg in this recipe because this one egg would help to give this preparation a nice texture. (Collected)
Brownie Recipe with Cocoa Powder vs Real Chocolate
Real chocolate should be used to make brownies. However, many people use cocoa powder instead (chocolate is made from cocoa fruit). Making brownies with real chocolate requires a little more skill, but I don’t have it. So I support cocoa powder for this recipe.
How to make Homemade Brownies with Crackly Tops
- Take a baking pan or baking dish and spread a parchment paper or foil on it and leave it aside.
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar and salt in a large container at room temperature.
- Add the right amount of egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients like flour and unsweetened cocoa powder and stir until it combined well. (Note that the batter made need to be thicker.)
- Mix the chocolate chips with it.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then pour the entire batter into that baking pan and spread evenly with a spoon.
- Then bake it in the oven for at least 15-16 minutes. Make sure that everything bakes well, but do not bake it over.
- Once baked, let it cool for at least 30 minutes.
Also Read: Nutrella Blondie.
How do you know that chocolate brownies are perfectly baked or not?
I trust to see if the brownies are baked properly or not on a famous technique called toothpick technique. Yes, you know it is a laugh, but it is true. Take a toothpick on the baking plate once in a while and put inside it on the brownie. Then bring it out. If you see that the toothpick has come out smoothly and has no brownie ingredients in it, you should know that your brownie is perfectly prepared.
But if you find that a toothpick with a little sticky ingredient, it means that the preparation is still a little raw from the inside. So it needs to be baked for a while or you have to increase the baking time. Sometimes it takes 25 minutes also (according to ingredients).
Easter Egg Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Brownies come in a variety of forms and may be either fudgy or cakey, depending on their density. Here you can see how to make cakey egg chocolate brownies …
- 3 cup All purpose flour
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ tbsp Salt
- 1 nos Egg
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
Take a baking pan and spread a parchment paper or foil on it and leave it aside.
Combine butter, brown sugar and salt in a large container.
Add the right amount of egg and vanilla extract.
Add the flour and cocoa powder and stir until it combined well. (Note that the batter made need to be thicker.)
Mix the chocolate chips with it.
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Then pour the entire batter into that baking pan and spread evenly with a spoon.
Then bake it in the oven for at least 15-16 minutes. Make sure that everything bakes well, but do not bake it over.
Once baked, let it cool for at least 30 minutes.
After that cut into small pieces and serve.
- You can use 2 or 3 eggs in this recipe if you like. Just keep in mind the rest of the ingredients and so they are taken in proportion.
- Using milk in this recipe is completely optional. I have seen some people use powdered milk and, but that is totally your personal concern.
- I make these brownies inspired by Beat Bake Eat.
- I have discussed here how to make the cakey chocolate brownie. If you want to make the fudgy chocolate brownie, this is possible with a few modifications. You can see that here.
Also read: Orange Juice Homemade
Use of Baking Powder
Many people use baking powder in these chocolate brownies. In fact, the baking powder helps to bake anything well. As a result, it is softened and no part is likely to be raw on the inside.
This baking powder is especially essential for making cakes. At that point when we are making these brownies like cake, so using a little baking powder there will be no problem. Personally, I did not use baking powder in this recipe, but you can do it if you want.
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies vs Cakey Chocolate Brownies
Mix a large quantity of flour and eggs in the brownie and add the baking powder in it brings the cakey texture. They are just as delicious as they are soft. You might think it is a piece of cake.
But to make it in a fudgy style, you don’t need that many extra ingredients. Only a slight change in the number of ingredients present is sufficient. That is, it is sufficient if you reduce the amount of flour a little and use only one egg and do not use baking powder.
I found this video on Youtube that might help you visually with this recipe.
Few more recipes from dessert categories:
- Healthy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- Thanksgiving Desserts
- Badam Pista Lassi
- Fig Appetizers
- Best Custard Recipe
- Refreshing Indian Mint Raita
- Citrus Recipes
I think you like this recipe. So, please share this with your friends on Twitter and Pinterest.
Also, subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.